Monday, April 28, 2008

Marginal Cord Insertion

According to our ultrasound I have (or the baby has) what is called Marginal Cord Insertion, which means that the cord is inserted in the side of the placenta, rather than the middle. It means there is a risk of the baby not getting the nutrients she needs. There is risk of being put on bed rest or induced early if growth is not adequate. Anyway, so I'm having more ultrasounds to monitor growth, and the development of the umbilical cord. So please just keep us in your prayers that everything develops appropriately.

9 comments:

Felicia said...

I hope everything turns out ok (scary!), and congrats on having a girl! Keep me (ie your blog) updated!

Annie. said...

Heather - I am so sorry. We WILL remember you in our prayers. I hope that everything goes well. Please keep the blog updated with yours and the babys progress. God bless you all!

AubreyB said...

We will definitely keep your family in our prayers.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I hope everything goes ok! We will for sure keep you in our prayers. I am so excited for you to be having a girl! that will be so neat! I am thinking of you guys! :)

Adam said...

The best part about maybe having something not quite right with your baby is that you get lots of ultrasounds to see what your baby looks like. That part is fun.

The Mercer Family said...

You are in our prayers. Everything will be alright. Agreed that there is a good side...you get to see the baby more. They thought Holden had Down's or Spina bifida, so we had a ton of ultra sounds and it was so fun to see him getting bigger and bigger all of the time! I'm sure the doctors will take good care of you and the baby! Keep us posted.

Kristi Barnes said...

I hadn't heard you were having a girl...congrats! I'm sorry things are a little scary, keep us posted, we'll pray everything goes well.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I think about you everyday. How are you doing? Let me know how things are going and what I can do to help. I would love to take Jeremiah for you one day if you need a break and some rest time. We will be back in Boise on the 26th. Let me know!

Lalis said...

I always remember you in my prayers! Please keep me updated.