Monday, April 07, 2008

Strange Death

Okay, so many of you know that I manage our apartment complex here in Boise. I've been doing it since last June. I've encountered some strange things, but none as strange as today.

On our way out of our parking lot a cop car was pulling in. That was strange, since we usually don't have any problems with our tenants. Oh well, we were in a hurry to get Greg to the airport before his flight to Denver. So I drop Greg off at the airport and get a phone call as Jeremiah and I are pulling away from our cleaner, Linda, saying that the police are there and need me to let them in to the apartment next to the one she was cleaning. I drive back home to talk to the cops, now two cop cars are there. They explain they got a call from a friend of this tenant saying that he was really depressed and that they were worried he might be suicidal. They were there to check to make sure he was okay. So I unlock the door and they suggest that I not be near the door when they open it. They opened it and called in to this tenant. There was no answer but they couldn't go in because there was a chain on the door. So I went back to my apartment and put on Finding Nemo for Jeremiah so that I could deal with the police business. The cops managed to pry off the chain from the molding. They came to the office to inform me that the tenant was in fact deceased. AHH! In his apartment??? Yes. So, I gave them all the information I had on the tenant, called the owner to inform him of the situation and went to my friend Sarah's house for dinner. I needed to get out of there. So, the body was removed, etc., etc., his next of kin is being given the keys and will be responsible for removing his belongings. I don't know how he died, but I REALLY hope there isn't anything that we will need to clean up. This is unfamiliar territory for me, and I hope that it continues to be. So strange, I talked to him yesterday afternoon.... really weird. Sorry this is kind of a morbid post, just thought I'd share my weird life with you all.

2 comments:

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

That is so sad! I would be just as weirded out as you were!!! I had no idea you were pregnant!!! I don't know how I missed that. I hadn't been to your blog in a while and i just saw the pictures. You are due only 5 weeks after me! That will be so fun! How are you feeling? When do you find out what it is? I voted that you are having a girl. That is so cool. I can't believe i didn't know. I must have been way out of the loop here in St. Thomas!

The Mercer Family said...

Hey Heather!!! I jsut found your blog! Yeah... Now I have to go read it and I'll leave some comments! Our blog is www.themercerfam.blogspot.com. Oh...and yeah...that is a weird story. Hope all goes well with dealing with it! :))

Carrie (Loveridge) Mercer