Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Winter And Spring

One of our family projects this winter was making a family home evening chart. So after about a month, here it is!
For one of our dates, Greg and I painted pictures! They aren't masterpieces, but we had fun. Despite being colorblind, Greg's color choice of Yellow for the sky was much better than my regular blue sky. Oh well.
Greg's boss, Doug, has a great big house up in the hills of Boise. He invited everyone up for a sledding day with roasted hotdogs, smores, hot chocolate and this VERY steep sled run that he made down the hill by his house. He even gave everyone rides back up on his four wheeler after they went down. We had to teach Jeremiah not to roam too close to the bonfire, luckily he knows what "HOT" means. He also had fun sliding around on a sled on a safer, more kid-friendly run.
One of his favorite things: sitting on the basketball. He just recently realized that he can pin the basketball between the chair and the table and sit up even higher. After taking this picture because I thought it was funny, I made him get down because the ball was about to roll off the chair, with him on it.
We babysat our friends little baby, Blake, last week and we put together ye-ole bouncy chair... I think Jeremiah liked it better than Blake did. He didn't quite fit, but he had fun.
This entertained Jeremiah for about 20 minutes after our walk last week: climbing in and out of the stroller. Of course he got a little upset when he tried sliding out the bottom and his head got stuck.. :(
Another Favorite Thing: his new "fort" with a blanket covering his table. He loves hauling toys and books in there and playing peek-a-boo with me.
This is just evidence that he REALLY needed a haircut. Sometimes it was cute, but it got really messy really quickly and he looked like a homeless child whose mother didn't own a hairbrush. It was even curlier in the back!
This is post-haircut. It took a while and a lot of M&M's because it was so scared of the buzzer, but we made it happen. I had to cut it while he was sitting on my lap... that was a task. But it looks very put together now.
Greg's new coat! In March Greg got a brand new bike which he has loved, and has been riding to work several days a week. But because he has to ride through town I was a little concerned. For his birthday, though, Mom and Dad Curzon bought him this awesome riding jacket. Just what he had wanted. He looks stellar.
Jeremiah LOVES airplanes. He sees airplanes that I can't even see until I look for a minute or two. This is him looking at an airplane flying overhead. Good thing we have an airport in Boise!

2 comments:

Melonie said...

Thanks so much for the update! Jeremiah is getting so big and curious about everything. What a fun time you are having!

The Mercer Family said...

Haircut time at our house is always a blast...of reality that Holden is only 13 months and I need to be more patient and not expect him to sit still like his daddy does when I cut his hair! lol

What does Greg do now?