Our ward had a pinewood derby last saturday and Greg and I tried our hand at making a car of our very own. Greg has some experience with this, but I had none, and I mean NONE. And I don't have a very good track record with sharp objects so he wouldn't let me handle the saw or carving knives. :( But I got the paint it! SO, together, with some help from Jeremiah (he added some orange colored pencil marks) we made the Hirschi-mobile. It was really fun to work on it together, and even though it lost terribly, we learned that next time we have to buff the axles and put grafite on them. So here is our first attempt at making a radical car!







This is just a cute picture of Jeremiah playing with Daddy's biking gear after he got home from work. :) he totally loved walking around with the helmet on his head.
2 comments:
You will be so ready for the pinewood derby when Jeremiah is in scouts. Thst is my fear with having a boy-I know nothing about scouting. Good thing I have a husband who does!
Cool cars! Nice paint job as well! I'm afraid for when Holden gets old enough to participate in that. I'm afraid we won't know how to make it. hehe Looks like you did a good job though.
Post a Comment