Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby Hirschi Update

Just by way of update, yesterday my practitioner told me to go into the hospital and be checked because I was experiencing some minimal bleeding. I went in and got checked and everything was fine. They moved up my ultrasound to today, however, to make sure the placenta was okay, and to check on the cord insertion. Everything looked great. The cord insertion had even migrated a bit to the center (Or rather, the placenta had grown larger on the edge) So I'm feeling very relieved. I hope that I don't have to return to Labor and Delivery until September!

So it's still a girl, and she looks good. We got a funny picture of her with her leg bent up and over her head. I'll post photos later. I am getting anxious to get everything ready for this little one. I want to go out and buy all the clothes she'll wear for the next year! Greg is providing a voice of reason, and we have been so blessed with many gifts already. We're so excited. Yay for pink!

2 comments:

The Mercer Family said...

Glad everything is okay. It's always a little scary when there are little concerns. Good to know that things are looking better for you!

barbaraence said...

I'm glad to hear that things are looking smooth for baby #2 :) You are lucky to have one of each (boy and girl) now!!