Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mud Pit Monday

There has been some "construction" going on in our back yard lately, clearing the brush, prepping for new sprinkler lines and more grass. I thought it would be fun to turn the hoses on full blast and let the kids play in the mud before we loose the dirt AND the hot weather.

The kids were really excited about the idea. I dressed them in junky clothes, and I was prepared for mud in their hair, smeared on their faces, in places the sun doesn't shine. But when they got into the mud they crouched down, making sure not to actually sit in it, but play only. They brough out all their diggers, match-box cars and the big road machines that our little neighboor Tyrus got for his birthday. They were much cleaner than I expected them to be.

Leah, however, had some trouble keeping her balance in the mud. She fell down, started crying and got back up to get out of there, then fell down again, and again, and again as she tried to escape the mud-pit. I couldn't help but laugh... hard.
But she liked it. Off went the pants and she ran around in a 12 month onesie.... as you can see its a little large on her. But for the record, I think it was just a huge onesie.We turned on the sprinkler in the grass for the kids to wash off, or just play in. Or drink, in Leah's case.When we finished up, Tyrus had a hard time accepting the end of a fabulously fun activity:
And Jonas and Jeremiah we chillin' in our camp chairs, eating some bananna bread (we were embracing our inner-white trash), I hosed them down pretty good, but Jeremiah was so muddy I just took off his pants. He didn't want anyone to see his underwear so he quickly grabbed a towel. All in all, SUPER FUN day, I would recommend it for any mom who can handle the mud. All the kids loved it, and we had fun watching them.

2 comments:

Myrna Curzon said...

What a great mom you are - memories made for a lifetime for Jeremiah.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

What a cute/fun idea! Love it!