Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hirschi Cuisine

On Tuesday night I went to a fabulous Relief Society meeting on freezer meals. I'll admit, I was a skeptic, but the great thing was that all the ingredients were combined raw (even the meat) and then frozen, and either stuck in a crock pot, or casserole dish for a few hours to cook. It was great.

It inspired me. I CAN DO THAT! I should do that! So I started searched the web (did you know google is my best friend?), but here is my problem..... I prefer cooking from fresh ingredients, like from the vine/bush/tree/whatever. So how do I make that easier? I could probably take a lot of recipes and alter them for freezer meals, but the prep work for it, if you don't work from a can, a box, or a jar, increases exponentially. Do any of you have this problem? Cooking from fresh takes a lot of work, particularly fresh produce. Any reccomendations? Please Help.

1 comment:

Greg said...

You should seriously ask your husband to give you a hand. I heard he use to be a prep cook a few years back. You guys could also get the whole family together to prep a few meals. It would be like an evening with the family spending time together and doing activities. Do you guys do anything on Monday nights?