Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Trip to Oregon

Last month I had the opportunity of throwing the kids in the car (not literally) and taking a short 22 hour car trip to central Oregon to visit a friend of mine who needed my help. Here is the drive, in pictures:If you can't tell, that is a shoe tree. Yes, in the middle of nowhere, around milepost 98 there lies a tree that has lost 1/2 of its leaves, but gained hundreds of pairs of shoes. It makes me wonder how that got started......A lot of signs like these (30 mph turns), even though the speed limit was 55.

I'm lame, and I didn't take any photos while we were there, but Jeremiah had fun playing outside every day with his little friend Hannah (we had to call her little Hannah, so as not to confuse her with big hannah who lives here in Utah). On the trip I learned a few things. #1. You do not need a portable DVD player to have a delightfully long car trip with your young children. #2. Although it would have been nice. :) #3. Driving on rural highways with potty trained children is much nicer that busy freeways. You can just pull the car over and pee on the side of the road. (ps, last night as we were driving home from Provo Jeremiah said he needed to go to the bathroom, and when he was told to hold it until we got home he said "it's ok, I can just pee on the rocks".... meaning the soft shoulder that often accompanies the rural highways of central OR). and #4 My lifesavers were and always will be Snacks, Toys and lots and lots of Books, (and a few dozen rounds of the Bob the Builder and Transformers theme songs, and Joy to the World, by Three Dog Night (otherwise known as Jeremiah was a bullfrog).

Here is to one great road trip with kids, and many more to come. :)

1 comment:

Myrna Curzon said...

You were within hours of me and I didn't know it? That bites!