More sweetness from my beautiful boy (who is turning back into my surfer boy of 2008 :))
Tonight before bed Jeremiah and I were watching a movie together, his idea (I know you're thinking "DUH!!", but he doesn't watch much anymore, and he came up and asked if we could all watch one together, me, leah, and himself. It was so cute. So, we picked the 15 minute Little People dvd, PERFECT)
I had put Leah in bed, but she was crying. I told Jeremiah "I'm going to go check on Leah."
He flung his arm across my chest to block my way and said "No! Don't go check on Weah, Weah is checking on herself."..... pure logic. can't argue with that right?
***********************************
Since potty training has begun we've run into a few minor drawbacks. 1st would have to be the need to drop everything when we're running errands or freeway driving, in order to find a bathroom. 2nd would have to be the fact that Jeremiah has learned how to play the potty card. I'll set the scene:
It's 8:30, Jeremiah is in bed, but not asleep yet. He's rolling around, playing with the blinds, building forts with his blankets, and listening to the sounds of his feet as they plumet to the bed from a vertical position (or against the wall, my personal favorite). Suddenly he realizes he could play the potty card!
"MOMMAY" (really, thats the way he pernounces it, it's like he's british).......... "MOMMAAAYY! I GOTTA GO POTTAAAYYYY!"
I drag myself out of bed (yes, I'm lame, and sometimes I'm in bed at 8:30). We walk in, with the lights still off, and go to the bathroom, yes, he pees. We walk back to his room, he runs and jumps back on his bed and I drag my feet back to mine.
3 minutes later.......
"MOMMAAAYY! I GOTTA GO POTTAAAYYYY!"
I drag myself out of bed again and explain to him that he already went potty and now it's time to sleep. At first he buys it and lays back down on his bed, then he pops his head up as he remembers..... there's a loop hole!!!
"POOP! I gotta poop!"
UGH!
So, we go poop, he's about 50/50 on substantiating his claim, if you know what I mean, then it's back to bed for a final time, when he can't think of any more cards to play.
You see, as a parent, you can't just say "hold it until the morning" when you're trying to encourage dry underwear, and going when you need to go. He's still obstinate enough that I can't just take off the knob locks from his bedroom door and just say "go by yourself if you need to go", because he'd just take that as a free invitation to roam free in the middle of the night..... grrr.... maybe another year.
Part of me thinks its hillarious.
A small part.
Tonight before bed Jeremiah and I were watching a movie together, his idea (I know you're thinking "DUH!!", but he doesn't watch much anymore, and he came up and asked if we could all watch one together, me, leah, and himself. It was so cute. So, we picked the 15 minute Little People dvd, PERFECT)
I had put Leah in bed, but she was crying. I told Jeremiah "I'm going to go check on Leah."
He flung his arm across my chest to block my way and said "No! Don't go check on Weah, Weah is checking on herself."..... pure logic. can't argue with that right?
***********************************
Since potty training has begun we've run into a few minor drawbacks. 1st would have to be the need to drop everything when we're running errands or freeway driving, in order to find a bathroom. 2nd would have to be the fact that Jeremiah has learned how to play the potty card. I'll set the scene:
It's 8:30, Jeremiah is in bed, but not asleep yet. He's rolling around, playing with the blinds, building forts with his blankets, and listening to the sounds of his feet as they plumet to the bed from a vertical position (or against the wall, my personal favorite). Suddenly he realizes he could play the potty card!
"MOMMAY" (really, thats the way he pernounces it, it's like he's british).......... "MOMMAAAYY! I GOTTA GO POTTAAAYYYY!"
I drag myself out of bed (yes, I'm lame, and sometimes I'm in bed at 8:30). We walk in, with the lights still off, and go to the bathroom, yes, he pees. We walk back to his room, he runs and jumps back on his bed and I drag my feet back to mine.
3 minutes later.......
"MOMMAAAYY! I GOTTA GO POTTAAAYYYY!"
I drag myself out of bed again and explain to him that he already went potty and now it's time to sleep. At first he buys it and lays back down on his bed, then he pops his head up as he remembers..... there's a loop hole!!!
"POOP! I gotta poop!"
UGH!
So, we go poop, he's about 50/50 on substantiating his claim, if you know what I mean, then it's back to bed for a final time, when he can't think of any more cards to play.
You see, as a parent, you can't just say "hold it until the morning" when you're trying to encourage dry underwear, and going when you need to go. He's still obstinate enough that I can't just take off the knob locks from his bedroom door and just say "go by yourself if you need to go", because he'd just take that as a free invitation to roam free in the middle of the night..... grrr.... maybe another year.
Part of me thinks its hillarious.
A small part.
1 comment:
Cohen did that, too (the potty stuff), so we finally put a little potty chair in his room and then if he uses it during the night he empties it in the morning. We tried leaving his door unlocked but then we'd find him upstairs in random places in the morning, never in his room. :)
Post a Comment