I believe God gives us events and holidays so that we can celebrate together with the people we love. I haven't been very good and birthday parties so far (I'm improving, but it's been a while since I had a "kid" birthday party), Nevertheless I think it's a great excuse to have a party with all the people you love. So, Here's ours! Janae and Leah share a birthday (we told Janae that a niece was her birthday present last year when we called from the hospital). We had a joint birthday party for them and it was a BLAST. Of course, incorporating Janae's love of all things Disney, and our attempt at giving Leah a girly party (she gets enough cars, trains and transformers at home every day), we asked everyone to dress up as a character from a Disney Princess Movie. Leah was Cinderella (of course). Janae has a picture of Mulan around her neck, you can't see it very well, but it's there, and I thought that was cute.
Greg was Peter Pan (we decided Tiger Lily counted since she was a princess, and it was a Disney movie)
Angela was one of the fairies from Sleeping Beauty, Kristina.. well, she borrowed one of the pirate accessories that Jeremiah shared with Braden.
We could always count on Hannah and Julia to represent. Janette said they were obsessing all day about which princess they were going to go as. So Cute. There's a picture of Hannah a little further down, I think.
Oh right, like here. I'm pretty sure she was cinderella, but I can't be sure. Hailey was jasmin, although it's hard to see in this picture, and Allison was the witch, I think from Sleeping beauty (way to represent my favorite color, BLACK). And Jeremiah got his pirate hat out of our costume box.
Grandma was Rapunzel... not a disney princess yet, but you know it's going to happen. I'm not sure where the funky glasses come in, but it was funny. Dad Hirschi was the magic carpet, he wore his mexican pancho. (very creative, sorry, I don't think we got a picture of it), and Bryan was Gus Gus, the mouse, with a grey hoodie with cardboard mouse ears, and a shirt a few sizes too small on top. HILLARIOUS!
And Karen and Jeffrey... well, mostly Jeffrey. Can you believe what Karen created out of a set of church clothes, a red gift ribbon and a white pillow case??? She's genious.
You can't really tell, but I was the fairy godmother, I had a cape, but took it off. And yes, Leah and I match, but what are you gonna do? I had leftover fabric, and I was cheap!
And of course, the crash that followed the sugar rush. Conked out in Grandma's arms after the party.
It was all so much fun, thanks to everyone who participated, and especially those who dressed up. It made it so much fun! Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl(s). We love you.
1 comment:
I miss being there to be a grandma at the party--not sure what I would have dressed up as though. It looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment