Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Pumpkin spice and everything nice

My camera is sadly abandoned down in Provo at the moment, left from a wonderful baptism celebration for Trevin, but I thought I'd share my thoughts today.

My three year old is having a rough day. I don't know what it is, but he won the priviledge of taking a nap this afternoon. :) So now I am sitting here watching my beautiful little girl eat a pumpkin cookie that we made this afternoon and drink a large cup of milk. She looks like someone put crumbs in a salt shaker and went crazy all over her body, face, hair, etc. But she's lovely.

There is something about all things Pumpkin that seems to make everything fantastic. Having a rough day? Make a pumpkin pie, Abra-Cadabra, magical day. (this only works in the fall and winter, mind you, spring and summer have different magical foods). Anyway, I love fall, and I mean LOVE fall. I feel like it's quickly slipping away from me, what with the frigid temperatures that are gracing the salt lake valley, but I will NOT let fall slip through my fingers too early. It is not yet winter, and until it is, I am going to enjoy every last minute of Fall.

No comments: