Potty training is still.... evolving.
We are now pull-up free (by the way, if anyone needs some pull-ups, let me know, I have a bunch that we're not going to use). He has days that are accident/leak free but most days we still have 1 leak. Maybe it's a boy thing, but he just gets so consumed by playing in his imaginary world that he doesn't remember to go to the bathroom. I feel incredibly fortunate that I don't ever have to "clean up" accidents from the floor, or bed, or couch, etc, I just have to change underwear, and sometimes shorts/pants.
He has officially filled up his entire sticker chart. We are going to have our ice cream party this week. Here were our phases of potty training (if you want to know)
1. Going to the bathroom=a sticker and an M&M - this got him comfortable with the process
2. Going to the bathroom + clean and dry underwear=a sticker and an M&M
3. Remembering all by himself + no reminders + clean and dry= sticker & M&M
4. All day without accidents = a sticker on the calender day
5. 7 consecutive stickers on the calendar days = a new lego toy.
We've only had 2 consecutive days on the calendar.... so.... we'll see how long it takes. I know this is a lame blog post, but it's what's going on. I'll have more pictures of the kids soon. Have a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment