Thursday, May 21, 2009
Sounds of the Season
Today was lovely. I had six kids ages 4 and under. We played on the playground, we blew bubbles, we ate a snack, we ran around a lot, we took out every toy we own in the kids' small 10x11 room. Despite the minor chaos, it was an absolutely lovely morning. I LOVE open window weather. I love taking a nap in the middle of the day with the window open and hearing all the wonderful sounds that come with this time of year. You know what I'm talking about, the breeze blowing, the lawn mowers, the sprinklers, the birds chirping, the distant sounds of kids playing and laughing, and if you listen really close you can hear the sound of new life bursting from the earth. I LOVE IT. It's one of the things that reminds me that God loves me. He loves me so much that on a day that could have been stressful, and crazy, he gave me the beautiful sounds of spring to make me smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I totally know what you mean. We have slept with our windows open every night this week and listened to the crickets and felt the breeze. The sounds of summer are the BEST!
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this post. Thanks for the little reminder about how life should be.
Post a Comment