Friday, May 15, 2009

My Beautiful Life

If I could have any job in the entire free world I must admit it would be the job I already have. I know some people don't enjoy the endless piles of laundry; toys constantly ending up under your feet; the "MOMMY....." being yelled over and over, and sometimes you can't find the child yelling it; the bodily fluids you have to clean up from the floor, their beds, your clothes; the "she's touching me!"; the ripped pages out of books; the limited time for yourself; etc. But I myself never get tired of those things... no, not really, but there ARE certain moments that make life as beautiful as it is. The innocence of children is inspiring to say the least, and spending time with them, doing nothing but embracing their exuberance for life is truly a blessing. I have been learning the past few weeks that it matters very little what you have in this life, but very much who you have in your life. I am so grateful for the priviledge of spending each waking moment with these two yahoos. I think they are beautiful in every way and I hope to put more effort into celebrating the small moments that make life worth living.

2 comments:

Melonie said...

You are too awesome. Thanks for the pep talk, hopefully I can be better mom today because of it. love ya!

Anonymous said...

i love it and it makes me want to be a mom!