Okay, so since football season is officially over we returned the digital cable box and DVR and I have LOVED the peace and quiet in my house. Somehow Jeremiah senses that Mickey Mouse is no longer available, because he hasn't asked to watch anything today. Hurray for Imaginations!
Unfortunately we very recently began potty training (ugh.) I need all the advice I can get about this one so PLEASE tell me what worked for you!
3 comments:
Oh boy! It is a journey, and a long one if you start before the child is really ready. I rented the Potty Training in One Day book from the library and it had a lot of good tips. Some of them were to give him lots of liquids, put the potty out in the open and practice running to the potty for all different areas of the house. The more times you "accidentally" make it to the potty on time, the sooner he will understand the concept. Also rewards work well... Lily liked 2 m&m's.
oh... not "accidentally"... "coincidentally."
My own personal rules:
1) no minature fake potties. You'll have to re-train them on the big potty. Also, I never wanted wanted to spend part of my day cleaning poop/pee out of a fake potty.
2) 30 minutes after they eat, sit them on the potty. Let them sit for a few minutes until they relax enough to tinkle. Get them on the toilet the SECOND they wake up.
3) When they do, it is the biggest freaking deal. Lots of celebrations!
4) No treats unless there was a deposit in the potty. Even if it makes the M&M's go stale.
Anyway, that worked for my first daughter. We're starting on the second one, so I might revise some of that!!
Post a Comment