Friday, January 09, 2009

Advice and Suggestions Needed

I'm going to try re-doing this glider that we have in the kids room that has been an eye sore ever since it found its place there. My mom found it for $20 when Jerem was born and it has proved to be very useful, just not very attractive. The cushions need to be beefed up a little and the fake denim look was out decades ago. I want to paint the frame either white or black (or go wild and paint it red) and then re-apholster it with a stylin' fabric. I need suggestions. I was thinking a lovely black and white print but it wouldn't really match the bright colors of the kids room. Maybe a dark navy with white piping? You tell me.

2 comments:

Annie. said...

I think you should paint it RED! How fun would that be?? Then reupholster in a fabric that matches the room. I think it is SO fun to re-make old furniture, because you can step back afterwards and say "hey, I did that!"

AubreyB said...

We recovered a chair and we just did it in a tan suede material, kind of boring, but it matches a lot of stuff. I say go for a fun print, just make sure it's one that won't show stains easily. Babies tend to make a lot of stains. :)