Friday, January 22, 2010

My baby is growing up not out

Some of you with older kids may laugh at this because Leah is still just a baby, but to me, she's growing up.

Last week she insisted on laying down in jeremiahs bed for her nap. I was ready for the worst, playing with the blinds, knocking over the paintings on the wall, falling off the bed. But she just laid there quietly and drifting sweetly off to sleep. How can it be that my 16 month old is getting ready for a big girl bed?! Admittedly I was relieved to find that she did really well, since we're going to need her crib in about 6 months and I've already started eyeing bunk beds.

On another note, she may be growing up, but she's not growing out. This girl is still only 19 lbs. She's up from the heafty 17 lbs she weighed when she was 13 months, but still not heavy enough to officially turn her car seat around. She's still normal height and keeps getting taller, just not heavier. Her Ped. isn't worried, so neither am I. But goodness sakes she's teeny.

No comments: