Every night Jeremiah easily gets on his pj's, snuggles with me as I read him stories, and then gives me kisses as I tuck him into bed.
Immediately after I close the door I hear the pitter patter of his little feet, and a little knock at the door. I open the door to him telling me he needs me to put him back into bed. So I do, I ask him to stay there, he gets up again, and again, normally 4-6 times each night before he finally falls asleep in his bed.
This week I gave it some good thought after one particularly long evening and realized that he just wanted attention. I've begun asking him through the door what he needs, telling him that I already tucked him in, and I've taught him how to tuck himself in, so he can do it now without my help. I tell him I love him and say goodnight, all without opening the door..... He hasn't gotten out the last few days.
I wonder where he got his need for attention?
Then there's Leah.
She has these looks that could kill. first its the eye roll. Yes, my 16 month old rolls her eyes at me. Then there is the evil glare, she lowers her head and glares up at me past her furrowed brow. Then there's the "I hate you" look. It's much deeper and more manipulative than the evil glare. It's a pout and a wail all mixed together and combined with throwing herself on the floor, or the couch, or even burrying her head in the wall, then she looks up (just to make sure you notice her) and then breaks out of the pouty look just long enough to add in a little glare, then goes back to pouting and wailing.
Then she gets bored and goes and finds something to play with. :)
I don't know where she gets her drama.
3 comments:
I know where Leah gets her drama :)
Hee hee! How funny. You most definately have a diva on your hands! :)
It's been a while so I thought I'd say hi! Hope you guys are doing well! I think the rolling your eyes thing is hilarious! Just wait til she gets older! hehe
Post a Comment