To start us off, I finished a 6 year old project last week. YAY! I posted about this glider before. For your viewing displeasure I'll show you the Before picture :
Complete with highlighter scribbled all over the seat cushion, and cusions that didn't have much to them anymore. This glider was 2nd hand 6 years ago when Jeremiah was born, and covered in a faux denim fabric that was showing WAY too many years of wear everywhere. I wanted to recover it then... and ever since it has just sat there, yucky and staring at me. I got bored one day and took some old curtains that had been ruined by a fountain pen during the move and the left-over foam from my couch project and went to town. I'm not sure I love the orange, but it was free, and much better than the yucky dirty blue. I still have to do the arm covers, but it's better. Hurray for finishing a project!
Girls room, Pink and yellow. Ugh.
To Do: Paint, curtains, a bunk bed, convert the crib back to a crib, get a new dresser and a rug, and create some art for the walls
Our room
To Do: Paint, bedside tables, lamps, get rid of the dust ruffle, move the curtains, bench for the base of the bed, and a reading chair, table and lamp for the large empty corner.
Master Closet
To Do: rip out the whole thing and start from stratch, and add deep shelves or cupboard for linen storage.
Jeremiah's room
To Do: Paint new curtains, new art piece for the wall, dresser for all his suff, headboard, and new bedding, oh, and re-do his closet.
Laundry Room: Super messy the day I took this picture... well, it commonly looks like this, lets be honest.
To Do: Paint, more shelves above washer and dryer, and build a shelving unit below the counter, window coverings, and art, and probably a rug.
Play room/Sewing room: it usually looks like this too.
To Do: paint, shelving for toy storage, and something that will keep my sewing stuff available, but safe from the girls... not sure if thats even possible.
The sewing closet
Family Room
To Do: Paint, move all the kid books to the playroom? window coverings, area rug, coffee table, two comfy chairs, some side tables and lamps. Greg hates overhead lighting, so lamps are the only way I'm going to be able to see in the winter evenings. :)
Living Room: the emptiest of them all
To Do: Paint, comfy movie watchin' couch, soft rug, side tables, lamps, built in bookshelves, floor cushions, oh, and a TV for watching those movies on that comfy couch.
Hallway looking from the front entry, not sure what I'm doing with this.
Kitchen:
To Do: Paint, undercab lighting, over-cab lighting, figure out how to decorate over the cabinets
Dining Room:
To Do: Paint, Side board, lamps, and try to find an alternative to those aweful vertical blinds.
1 comment:
Heather, I love the pics of your house! Tell me what it is like to have all that space!!! :) Your place is beautiful. It looks like you have a lot of fun projects to keep you busy. What a great job you did recovering the chair! That was one thing I always was curious how you learned how to do that. I'm so glad you posted pics. I've been wondering what your place looks like. Miss you!
Post a Comment