Friday, March 04, 2011

Unfinished project #2

This is a Christmas gift for Greg's sister, Janae. Pretty sure she doesn't read the blog, since she hasn't received this yet (I KNOW ITS MARCH!). It's an advent calendar, if you couldn't tell.

Each pocket is hand-stitched and embroidered and then hand-stitched onto the base. There is a ribbon behind the star for hanging, and there are strips of fusible interfacing behind each row of pockets in order to keep it hanging flat against the wall, then it's backed with another layer of green. I worked on it almost daily through the month of December and I did get all the pockets done by Christmas, but had a hard time deciding how to attatch them (I considered machine stitching it, but decided if I was going to do it, I was going to do it RIGHT). I just finished it today. It was actually a really fun project to work on and I hope she likes it!

2 comments:

Myrna Curzon said...

Very Cute. She should love it.

Travis Gollaher said...

Heather, you really are bored aren't you? Come up to our house and hang out with Kristina! Dang lady. I have heard of Christmas in July because Kristina is into that but March is a little early don't you think?