Monday, March 28, 2011

Compelled

I've been reading a lot about these two concepts, and thought I'd share.

Zero-Waste
Yes, I'm on the band wagon. I've been doing a ton of reading and I love the idea of making the transition to zero-waste in the next few years. I'd love to do it all at once, but I know it will be a transition, as we wear out our current stuff and replace it with zero-waste stuff. (sorry, I couldn't find a better word than STUFF)

Zero-Net-Energy
Ok, so its not going to happen in our current house, but in a few years, when we move, I'm going to have a new wish list, and going to look a lot closer at the energy efficiency of a home. I had no idea that homes were built so Inneficiently, and this website has so many ideas and suggestions for things we can do our current homes to improve it! Hurray! We're insulating our garage this week, and putting up insulating curtains in the kids room. I'll let you know when we see an improvement.

Any fantastic ideas that you've read about?

No comments: