(if you are sensitive about weight gain you can skip this post entirely)
I haven't exactly tipped the scales during my life. And pre-pregnancy weight was no different. Official recorded pre-prego weight? 114. Yeah, ok, so I need to gain between 35-45 lbs. It was a slow go at first.... I gained about a pound the entire first trimester. No sickness, no loosing my lunch, I just didn't gain weight. Then the numbers on the scale began rising.... up... up... slowly.... up. My appt. in February was coming up and I was a little behind on my weight gain, I was at 124 maybe? So I shoved my face for a week and made it official at 127. Awesome. My midwife was pleased with my weight gain, and said it looked good. I told her it only looked that way because I'd been eating crap the past week to get it up there. I asked if it was ok if I cut the crap and my weight gain slowed a bit? Nope. She recommended still adding a little "extra" on top of my otherwise nutritious diet. OH did I EVER!
Since Greg doesn't take the pleasure of buying junk food for himself anymore he went to winco and stocked up on junk food for his lovely wife. It was sweet. All my favorites. All the things that he knew I couldn't resist. And I didn't. In about a week and a half I gained 9 lbs! 9!!!!!! I was tipping it at 136, after only about 10 days! Wow, so that's how people do it....
After I realized how "well" my new diet plan was working, and after feeling sick each time I ate all that delicious sugar and saturated fat, I decided it was time I layed off a little, took it easy, and maybe just add a little extra butter to my potatoes, or make a loaf of homemade bread, that'll always do it.
So, for those of you who are trying to gain weight (I know, there aren't many) Here is my tried and true diet plan: Chocolate covered Cinnamon bears (I will warn you, they taste so good, but I threw up each time I ate them... I might have eaten too many) Oreos, Mt. Hood Mix, Yogurt covered raisins and pretzels, Sun Chips and Ice cream.
** Post Script** I've lost a few pounds since discontinuing my being eating. But at least now I'm where I should be. By the way, for those of you who are looking lose weight here is my tried and true method: Don't eat the crap.
6 comments:
Glad you did the lab test for all of us. Now we know the secrets. :)
Lucky you! Everything I eat I gain weight. I have been working out almost everyday these past 4 weeks so hopefully my dr.'s appt will go better than last... and i hope this time my doctor wont give me a list of foods i should eat and not eat.
Ha, I love it. I actually like that part of being pregnant... you can pretty much eat what you want and your body will always appreciate the healthy foods more.
P.S. Oranges are really no fun to throw up. I found that out last night.
LOL! I love that you get to stuff yourself and not get in trouble for it! I am sure your baby is appreciating the better food again even if you don't gain tons of weight from it. Enjoy the best of both!
Ah crap foods. My baby has had nothing but crap food this whole pregnancy and you know what...I am ok with that, but I have been reading about the amount of HCG that a women produces during pregnancy and it basilcy resets your motabalisms. So really its a good time to start eating perfect (with a bowl of ice cream at every mean)!
Post a Comment