There have been days when Greg gets home from work and the breakfast bowls are still on the table. With quick-drying bran flakes around the sides and a little leftover milk in the bottom.
Gross.
This is ME. I am slightly OCD. I am an organizational Nazi, and I like things clean, even sterile most times. And yet there are days when our house is so messy. And, I am embarrassed to say, not just messy, it's down right dirty. The kind of dirty that would make me uncomfortable in a strangers home.
But I'm not Lazy and OCD at the same time.... I'm bi-polar.
Greg says its black and white. There are days when I'm lazy, when they house is super messy, when we're all still in PJ's, when there are two loads of clean laundry sitting in the laundry basket for DAYS without the slightest inclination to fold them and put them away, when the breakfast dishes are still sitting on the table, and dinner dishes from the night before still sitting in the sink, and clean dishes for two days earlier still sitting in the dishwasher.
Then there are days when I'm OCD (like today) when it's only 10am and I've already scoured the oven and stove, drip pans, rings, under the stove top, done all the dishes, washed, dried and folded all the laundry, even cleaned out the fridge, emptying out the contents and wiping down every surface until it shines, swept, vacuumed, and mopped the floors, organized all the toys in their proper place, re-folded all the clothes in the kids dresser so they're in nice little piles according to clothing item, etc. Do you get the picture? By the time 10am rolls around and I've already done all that, the rest of the day seems a little.... empty.
So HOW, I ask you, can I be so OCD, and love it, for that matter, and yet so lazy, and so content living in a mess for days until my OCD switch flips on again? I might need a therapist, or just a good dose of BALANCE.
7 comments:
You just summed me up in a nutshell. No wonder we are such good friends! I think it is healthy for us OCD people to relax and be lazy every now and again. (Plus it makes the family appreciate the clean, organized days more! :)) I am excited for Fellas date night!!!
ha! I'm the exact same way. I think it can confuse Ryan sometimes. :)
don't feel bad! I am the same way! I think I wear myself out on the OCD days, so the next day I'm lazy. I think being a mom really tips the bipolar scale. You clean and clean then 2 minutes later, its messy again...then out comes lazy mom. The one who throws up her hands and says "why try so hard"? Then it gets gross again and OCD mom takes over. I think you are totally normal! :)
Ah its ok that you are bio-polar like that. We all are. I just live by lists these days.
Hey, I am the same way and I don't have kids!!! :-) You are very normal.
Ha! I'm the same way.... Don't feel bad. I think we all need to have lazy days. In fact, I think it's healthy you can ignore the mess every now and then :)
Heather I love you and miss your cute family! Hope you're doing well! Ryan is going to be 3 next month, holy cow. How's your cute family? Love, Angie Fugal (Boise) thefugaltimes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment