Tuesday, February 02, 2010

The Wish List

I have everything I would need for this new baby, but not everything I need for having three kids under the age of four. Here is my wish list:

Double Stroller. something like this maybe:
Swing. believe it or not, I have never owned one. Maybe something like this.

A bouncer, our $3 Ebay buy (well, Moms) has lived a good life, but the paint is coming off on the bars, so I think it's time it retired. Maybe this one?


Bunk Bed, yes, we're moving our 21 month old to a big girl bed. This would be FABULOUS:

And a trundle of course, for #3, if the need arrises, and/or guests and visitors:
And this is the WISH part of it all, cute girly bedding for Leah, maybe this one from PBkids (I know, in my DREAMS. Don't worry, I'll come up with something much cheaper that I like just as much, I just love the colors in this):
And maybe one to match for the baby:
I know what you're thinking, WOW she has high expectations. Well, you see, these are not my expectations. These are just on my wish list. In the end, the bedding will be handmade with love (and trial and error probably), The bunk bed will be from Sears or something like that, and the trundle will most likely be hand crafted by my husband and father in law. I will probably skip both the bouncer AND the swing, because I've survived this long without it, I can do it with another child. And the stroller, though a definate neccesity, will either be purchased 2nd hand whatever I can find in good condition, or a completely different brand and style that aren't as pretty (really, isn't that damask print PRETTY!) but still very functional. Ahhh, dreams. Oh well, surprisingly enough in the end I usually find myself just as happy with reality as I would have with my wish list dreaming. I find that a blessing. But it is still fun to dream.

5 comments:

Raven said...

I think it's always good to dream--gives you great inspiration for reality! And with your sewing abilities, I bet you can make something just perfect for both girls. The stroller might be harder to make... ;)

Shanicherie said...

Just fyi, PBKids sheets are totally worth it. It takes years and years and years for them to fade. Amazing quality! I totally won't pay that much for quilts though.

Myrna Curzon said...

One way to ensure more happiness is to want less or to make sure your wants match your ability to provide for your own wants. (Or your mom's avilities.) Let's talk about the PB bedding for Leah. You know I have the skills and enough love to do it.

Melonie said...

I love your wish list! The bunk bed is just gorgeous! Good luck making the quilt of your dreams, I wish I lived closer so I could help you. You could totally do that tree and owl applique on a simple quilt design.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Those are darling things to wish about! Congrats on having another girl in there:) how do you feel about that? You didn't seem too excited in that post. She will be a doll !I love your pictures of the kids. They are growing up fast and doing cute things!