Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A sad blind woman

I just paid a visit to the friendly neighboorhood optomotrist for an eye exam. I finally have a suitable pair of eye glasses, a pair of perscription sunglasses and I thought it was time to try contacts once again.

Mind you, my eyes get very dry and the last time I wore contacts it only lasted 20 minutes until my eyes were so dry that I had to take them out.

Verdict: the best type of contact for my eyes (because of the drying out) unfortunately Doesn't come in my perscription. NOT EVEN CLOSE. They cut off at a +6 (still pretty high, if you know anything about optometry) and I will need a +8, possibly higher. :) Yay!

So we're going to try a step down, which goes up to a +8 (I hope I don't need anything higher). We'll see if I can bear to wear them for more than an hour.

In the meantime I will continue to wear my cokebottle eye glasses and accept the fact that I will probably never look like everyone else, but thats okay. Glasses can be cool..... can be.

5 comments:

Brad and Marissa said...

You make glasses look cool!

Myrna Curzon said...

I am glad to hear you are getting prescription sunglasses. And you do make glasses look cool!

Melonie said...

Well, try them more then once. I would recommend wearing them the first day for 30 minutes and the second day for an hour and just gradually go up. It takes your eyes a week or two to adjust. And use lots of drops. :) Maybe it is time to look into Lasik... :D I get to have it done next month and I'm sooo excited.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

You know I love you and your Coke Bottles :) I hope your new glasses work for you!

Janette said...

I think you look cute in your glasses... I have always wanted glasses to make me look smarter, maybe we should switch eyes =).