Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Bachelor

I know, I can't believe I watch it either, but it's true. I am a bachelor fan. But seriously? You had to break up with your finance on National TV. You had 3 months or so to do it and you had to wait until you were being filmed?

For the record, I don't blame him for breaking up with her (even though I think she's great), let's face it, The Bachelor doesn't have the greatest track record with couples staying together, so that didn't surprise me, I'm sure it would have ended eventually anyway, but it usually doesn't end so soon. I have a couple of theories:

Jason is a dope: I hate to say it, but you can see why he's divorced. "the chemistry just changed"... Well DUH! If any of you have the exact same relationship with your spouse as you did when you were first dating (first 6 weeks) let me know! I'd love to be proven wrong. Instead of working through their differences he played the "We're not meant for each other" card.

This is NOT reality TV: You do not learn about a person by playing "General Hospital", or going on helicopter rides and fancy dinners, and private concerts. I would like to see a season based around real life experiences. I think you might see an increase in successful relationships.

Plan B: I feel for him, really. I would never be able to carry on 2 relationships at the same time, taking both relationships to the point where I could marry either man (in my case of course). Then all of a sudden, these men (or women) are just supposed to turn off their feelings for the other person and never think of them again. In Jasons case, his plan A didn't turn out the way he dreamed, so he tried plan B... we'll see how that works out.

Does anyone else think Jason Mesnick is a jerk?

6 comments:

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

YES! He is such a jerk! Everyone just "loved" Jason. I only watched a little bit of this season, but he seemed a little too good to be true. I have no issue with him breaking up with Melissa, but really? National TV? What's with Molly taking him back so soon? All I have to say is: "Once a cheater always a cheater!" or "Once a heartbreaker, always a heartbreaker". Molly better hold on tight.

mallari said...

I am totally addicted to the stupid show too! I was shocked, I liked Melissa way better and I was mad at him for humiliating her on National TV!! To his credit, in an interview he said that they made him do it on National TV and that she knew what was going to happen. But still!! I told myself that I am never going to watch this show again but then Jillian got called to be the next Bachelorette and now I have to watch it cause I liked her alot! Man they have a way of keeping you addicted to this STUPID SHOW!!

crosshairly said...

I was SOOO MAD!! i used to love jason.. and now I can't say that anymore.. I was thinking the same thing.. no wonder why he was divorced!

Keith, Nydia and Presly said...

Ok, ok I'm next...I was dissapointed in Jason and felt so bad for Mellisa at the time the show aired, BUT, CBS did make Jason do that on natioanl TV, AND Jason and Mellisa had already ended their relationship mutually. SO, I really have a hard time expecting Jason to just forget about Molly (I mean seriously, did you see how he cried when he let her go??) AND you simply just can't expect him to either! THAT is definitely not natural for a person to do, it's just not! People date around all the time and it's not fair that he had to make a decision and stick to it after only knowing them for TWO months! Had he met them both in real real life and not had to choose between one of them so quickly he probably would have chosen Molly anyway! I hope he's happy and they make it, but I don't know....

Ashley said...

I agree with you, Nydia. I loved Molly so I am happy how things turned out in the end but I DO agree it could have been handled better. OH!! And you are SOOO right, Heather... it is NOT reality.

Reggs said...

Here, here! They should do a bachelor where they replace helicopter rides and personal concerts with charity projects and babysitting. I bet the success rate goes through the roof.

Jason is a turd. I love Melissa on Dancing with the Stars, I think she might win it!