Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Recycling in Boise

Growing up in Oregon I was used to recycling, but living with the gentiles for the past 7 years I forgot why I did. Until I sat down and simply thought about the amount of garbage that just my little family of 4 contributes to the land fills that could otherwise be recycled with minimal effort. I'm talking about saving the planet without losing my mind. So, this past month I started a recycling box. I was excited that a recylcing drop off was just down the street... until I made my first recycling run and realized that they had 3 huge dumpster sized bins just for glass.... nothing else. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? So, I just found another drop off about 15 minutes away, so here goes nothing! Now I get to find space in my tiny apartment (short of 800sqft) for a larger recycling box that will last me two weeks or so. Man, I wish my City of Trees, actually appreciated them. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We recycle too...our dining room has three containers to sort glass/plastic/and misc recycles...not the greatest thing to look at everyday, but our space is limited too. At least our families are doing our part right? :-)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I totally agree! I was used to recylcling in Oregon, moved here, then nothing! I am beginning to realize that people aren't kidding when they say Oregonians are tree huggers. Way to do your part. You put in more effort than I do. What ever happened to "Recycle, Reduce, Reuse..."? Sad!

Anonymous said...

I taught her every thing she knows about recycling.

Janette said...

They only pick up our recycling every two weeks and I have to have Nate go out and stomp inside the can to get the end of the second week to fit =).

Annie. said...

I am proud of you. :) I seriously, honestly miss recycling. And the fact that it's FREE but you have to PAY for garbage in Oregon! People in Utah are so backwards, geez.

Nick and Angie F. said...

Hey Heather- found your blog through Nydia. Yours is way cute and so is your family! Just thought I'd say hi. And thank you for making me want to recycle more! :) Call me.
Love, Angie Fugal