Saturday, January 12, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Out of all the Christmas gifts we could have given or received, this little face was the best gift of all this Christmas.

Annabelle Margaret Hirschi
born December 24th at 11:03pm
Weighing 5lbs 14oz., measuring 18 1/4 in.

It has been quite the whirlwind week. So much happened, To spare you all from the gory details of labor and birth it sufices me to say that Christmas eve I began to anticipate labor, but nothing had started until early in the evening. Jeremiah had strep throat, and we didn't want to share that with any of our dear friends, but there was a baby to be born, so Gregs best friend Nate came over and slept on our couch on Christmas Eve while we went to the hospital, a few hours later this beautiful squishy face was laid in my arms. Greg went home at 2am to relieve Nate so he could go spend Christmas with his own family and so that Greg could make sure everything was ready for our kids when they woke up. He flew solo of Christmas morning, but took lots of video and photos so I could see.

Anna is such a wonderful addition to our family, the kids LOVE her and they all want to hold her all the time. She eats well and sleeps well enough, you know how it is. Greg has been home the entire time! He went back to work yesterday for the first time since her birth. I think he was ready to go back to work. He was such a great help to me, I got to sleep in every morning until 11.... 11!! I must be REALLY tired if I can manage to sleep past 8.  But now i feel great, apart from being a little tired, and I'm really enjoying our little snuggler.

I will post LOTS of pictures later today, for some reason my computer isn't letting me upload strait to blogger, so I had to sync with picasa web in order to get a photo on here! But I promise, more photos are coming!

4 comments:

Raven said...

Congratulations! She is just precious.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness heather! What a beautiful blessing :) congrats you your family

Love you

Karli

lesleeanne13 said...

Ooohh she's perfect! So beautiful. Congratulations!!

jayna said...

Wow!! Christmas Eve baby...all so exciting! Congratulations she's beautiful!!