Ok, so there are a few reasons I've been so busy, the most recent has been THE COUCH. I am in the process of re-covering my 25 year old couches. Here is the process: Step 1: slice the seat cushions in half and cut new high-density foam to put in the middle. Step 2: Remove the attached back cushions Step 3: take out the heavy duty zippers from all the covers to re-use in the new covers.

Step 4: use spray adhiesive to put together the foam for the seat cusions and wrap them with new cotton batting. Step 5: make covers for the seat cushions out of cheap fabric to protect the batting when taking the real covers on and off when I wash them. Step 5: Do the same thing for the back cushions.... thats as far as i got before Leah played with my machine and messed up the tension on the bobbin casing. My mom helped me figure out what was wrong, and its now fixed, so I'll get back to sewing today or tomorrow. Nevermind the naked baby in the picture below.
The sisters are FINALLY playing with each other. Kind of:

Greg and Jeremiah have been working every Saturday to help my inlaws finish their backyard. Jeremiah thinks it's awesome.
This is Colette's funny little smile. It's always the squishy-faced smile. So funny.
Any guesses about what color her eyes are going to be?
And Leah.... ahhh.... Leah. Did I mention she's been climbing a lot? The other morning she was downstairs eating breakfast, I was upstairs feeding Colette. When I came down she was up on the table in a pile of coco-puffs dumped out all over the table having a blast. Yeah..... She's a hoot.
2 comments:
HAHAHA!! Leah cracks me up!
So, I've seen ALL of the previous posts and I have to say, WOAH! You have worked your BUTT OFF! Your house looks amazing and I love the colors you picked, and the work you've done on the furniture! Way to go, Mommy! ;)
Also, I think Colette looks more like you than your other kids... but that's just me :P
I love the picture of Collette with the baby dolls next to her. So cute.
Post a Comment