Thursday, December 10, 2009

Darn Collectors

My son wants one thing for Christmas. He wrote it in his letter to Santa. One thing. (Ok, if you gave him the option, he would want EVERYTHING, but if you ask him to choose, there's no competition). It is a small plastic toy, no more than two inches by three inches. To Jeremiah it is "The Transformer Ambulance".

We first ran across the transformer ambulance at the local Savers, when I was looking for who knows what, and I let him hold it while I shopped. I think it used to be a McDonalds happy meal toy. I put it back before we left.

Next, my friend Kanani was watching my kids for me, and her boys have 5 I think. Happy Meal Toy, she told me. But Jeremiah was hooked. He was so distraut over having to leave her fun house that she let him take home one of the ambulance transformers until we saw them the following sunday.

He slept with that thing.

Ever since then, I have looked high and low. Every time I go to a thrift store I search, just in case. Nothing. Such a silly little thing, but so important to my three year old.

A month ago we saw it at walmart, a newer, commercialized version, and of course I thought "OOh, I have to come back and get that when Jeremiah isn't with me!"...... I haven't seen it since. I've called around to various stores. Nothing.

I am battling collectors. Silly toy collectors to swoop in and clear out the stores while us poor mothers of desperate toddlers, and stuck with nothing.

Toy collectors, Bring it ON!

2 comments:

Lalis said...

Can I just tell you how sweet this is of you? I'll keep my eyes open for one ;)

Myrna Curzon said...

Try ebay. Search Transformer Red Alert.