So, it dawned on me that it's all of a sudden November and that Thanksgiving is coming soon. I was writing in my journal about all the things I am grateful for and I thought I would share this one. I am so grateful for my parents. Its so common for people in the media to constantly talk about all the things their parents did wrong, there are so many things that my parents did right. They:
1. Taught me about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and showed me how to live righteously.
2. Loved me no matter what I did or didn't do.
3. Taught by example how to be resourceful, thrifty, and self-sufficient.
4. Stayed married and still love each other, they taught me that families are forever.
5. Sacrificed things they wanted to give me what I needed, and often just things I wanted.
6. Encouraged me to be the best I could be, and work hard in everything I do.
7. Attended the temple regularly, and taught me that temple worship can bring great blessings.
8. Were always available to talk, even when there were many things on their to-do lists.
9. Taught me that money is not the most important thing in life, family is.
10. Treated others with kindness and charity, they always encouraged me to do the same.
I love you Mom and Dad, I am thankful for you and all the things you did right.
3 comments:
I love your new pictures! Leah has really changed so fast! I love her chubby cheeks! Nice and healthy! I would love to come see you one of these days. What is best for you? I also loved that you boiled the pacifiers to death. I get distracted all the time and ruin things. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.
What a nice thanksgiving present. I never knew before now that there were thanksgiving presents. When Mitch read it he said "who are her parents?" We love you too! Love Mom
Hey Heather- how are you doing? Just checking in on the new-ish family of four! :)
Post a Comment