We got to the hospital around 3:45 or so in the afternoon, I had been bleeding a little and having more regular contractions. I wasn't in real pain, but I didn't know how long labor was going to take, since it only lasted 6 hours with Jeremiah, so I wanted to play it safe and go to the hospital anyway. I was checked around 4:30 and measured 1cm.... the same as the previous two weeks... I was discouraged to say the least. At 5 they let me get off the monitors and move around for an hour. If I was still at 1cm at 6pm they were going to send me home. They checked me at 6 and I was a 3... thank goodness. they checked me at 7 and I was almost 7cm, I got up, went to the bathroom, had some more contractions and said that I felt like I needed to push, the nurse checked at said I was a 7.... WHAT? Just then the Dr came in and prepped to break my water, but when she checked I was at a 10... in about 60 seconds I dilated 3cm. So they broke my water, and I began pushing. 12 minutes, and no tearing, I DID IT!!! Throughout labor the nurses kept asking me if I wanted an epidural... I wanted to tell them to shut it! I managed without an epidural, even though it hurt, but I liked being able to move around. So that's it! We've been home for a week now and I am just now overcoming the overwhelming feeling of having two kids and not knowing how to function with 2. My mom has been here this past week which was a life saver. I couldn't have done it without her. We'll see how I feel at the end of this next week. Greg is going to San Fransisco on Tuesday until Wednesday.... AHH!! two kids with no right hand man? We'll see how I'll feel on Thursday.
Me and Greg after getting to the hospital just waiting for the busy nurses to come and hook me up to the monitor.


I'm not sure if this is her first photo, but here she is:



I know it looks like a peace sign, but that's supposed to be me saying this is baby #2. We have a picture with #1 so it seemed appropriate. Oh, and the IV was because I tested positive for Group B Strep, which can be fatal to the baby if its not treated with antibiotics. Unfortunately my labor was so fast that they didn't have the time to give me the second round, so Leah had to be monitored closely and have blood work done to make sure she didn't get sick, but luckily she was fine.



This is Jeremiah's visit to the hospital. He snagged the apple on my side table that I was saving for a snack. I didn't know the could eat an apple whole. He didn't even care that there was a baby there with me.

Like I said, Jeremiah didn't even notice the baby. This was on Sunday before church.

This is Sunday evening getting ready to go home.


This is my beautiful baby girl sleeping like an angel. She sleeps and eats so much better than Jerem did as a baby. Thank goodness! She is also much more mellow when she is awake. I love it! Anyway, enjoy the pictures! I'll post more later.

15 comments:
congratulations!
I have been wondering what in the world was going on with you and that baby! It's hard to not be in the ward to hear updates. She looks perfect! Congrats!
p.s. let me know how 2 goes I need all the advice and warnings I can get.
Congratulations! I cannot believe how great you look during your labor. Way to go not getting an epidural, I'm impressed. She's beautiful!
Congratulations! I cannot believe how great you look during labor. Way to handle the pain and not get an epidural, I'm impressed. She is beautiful!
Wow, how amazing she is. Thanks for the update. Sounds like you got through your first week okay. :) I loved how well Isaac ate right away. It was soo stressful to me how difficult it was to get Lily to eat those first two weeks. I think we know how to do it better for the second kid so they figure it out sooner. Can't wait to see how much she has grown in a week! Hope you are getting so rest at night!
Congrats on your little girl... you look awesome for having a baby. Again, let me know if you need anything. I will see you tonight!
She is beautiful!! I am so happy for you! I will be in and out of town twice this week but we will definitely stop by next week . . . can't wait to meet your sweet little girl! :)
Hooray for more pictures! Congratulations on your labor - you are so strong! :) She looks super cute!
You make pretty babies -- Must be 'cause you're absolutely GORGEOUS! Congratulations! Come visit soon so that we can meet Leah. LUV AND MISS YA!
She's beautiful! I'm so glad the labor and delivery went so well. #3 was a whirlwind for me, but I think I prefer it that way -- there is no time to realize how painful it is! Good luck managing 2. It will come with time, especially once Leah figures out a little bit of a schedule. Congratulations!
I hope that our second baby comes that fast and easy! I am so happy for you! I needed an epidural for sure. I am proud of you! You look so great in all your pics. Beautiful baby girl, too! I can't wait to see her. Stan is out of town this week too if you need to talk or need help, give me a call.
OMG Heather! You had your baby already, being in Colorado i'm not in the loop so I just looked at your blog! CONGRATS! She is absolutely beautiful! She and Jerem could be twins, they look so much alike in their baby pics. You look great, and you inspire me to try again and do it "au natural", way to go champ! I'll be up there next week, i want to see you guys and meet adorable lil Leah (great name by the way).
She is sooo beautiful! Congrats! Man, that was fast labor and delivery. She is soo tiny as well. My boys were in the 7 lb range. How fun to have a boy and girl. I'm sure Jeremiah will show interest soon enough!
Congratulations!! I am a little late, but she sure is cute. Girls are so much fun. Mazeltof!
Post a Comment