Monday, June 09, 2008

Sunday Toys

I need input. Lots of input. For those of you who have or have had toddlers, and young toddlers, what are some good sunday toys to keep your kids occupied during sacrament meeting. That is what Greg and I are getting Jeremiah for his birthday, sunday quiet toys. Have you found any good ones? What has worked for you? Please comment.

7 comments:

mallari said...

My parents got Liza some finger puppets from IKEA, I konw that you can find them other places too but that is such a good sacrament toy!

jayna said...

Hi Heather! Well, I don't know if little boys would like this, since I know nothing of little boys, but my girls love the felt books from Costco- they come with all these different characters to "play" with on the different pages. We take the Noah's Ark one to Sacrament meeting and it totally entertains them. Good luck!

The Mercer Family said...

I'm in the middle of making Holden a quiet book...so I'll let ya know how it goes! Right now it's all about the food! hehe

Myrna Curzon said...

lacing cards--although you can make your own out of cardstock, for the littlest kids the hard plastic ones are the easiest and lest frustrating.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I don't know if boys would like this, but I was at Desert Book the other day and they had little wooden kids with velcro on them. The kids come in a package with outfits that you can put on them (kinda like paper dolls) They had a little boy one with fireman, police, and other fun outfits to dress your "doll" in. I hate to call it a doll. It was much cooler than that, I thought. Just an idea.

AubreyB said...

Cohen loves to see pictures of people, so I put a bunch of pictures of him with my family & Matt's family and him as a baby in a small album and he'll go through those over & over again at church. He also likes to color, but that gets a little hectic sometimes with crayons going everywhere. Sometimes we bring little animals (those hard kind) and he plays with those, but sometimes they get thrown, too, so that's maybe not the best idea. :)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

We need to get together! I am free most days except for the occasional doctor appointment. You let me know what day works best for you and it'll most likely be cool with me. I have a doc. apt this Thurs. in Meridian. We could meet for lunch or shopping if you'd like!