Thursday, November 01, 2007

Update

This post probably won't have any pictures in it, but I promise, Grandma & Grandpa Curzon visit pictures, Disneyland pictures, and Halloween pictures are coming.... you'll like them a lot.

So the past month and a half has been a whirlwind for us. Greg has traveled a lot during that time, which has paid off because he has one big deal that is closing soon and another that looks promising. I'm glad he's the salesman, because I couldn't do it. My mom and dad came to visit at the end of September and we had a great time. Greg tried to teach us all how to throw boomerangs at the park, and he showed off his stunt kite skills. We were going to go camping, but the weather didn't cooperate. On the 11th of October we dropped Jeremiah off in Salt Lake with Greg's parents and we headed on down to L.A. to spend three glorious days at Disneyland. Because of Greg's bum knee we were a little worried about how he would do, so we got a Guest Assistance Pass, which allowed him to go through the handicapped entrance, it helped him avoid stairs and sometimes they let him sit down while we waiting to get on the ride. But I must admit, the best part about the GAP for me was the short... SHORT lines! In California Adventure all the rides are new and were built to be wheelchair accessible, so we waited in the normal lines with everyone else, but in the Magic Kingdom the older rides had handicapped lines, usually through the exit for the ride, and most of the time our wait was only 15 minutes. It was AWESOME! We just flashed the pass and it was like magic! :) And of course I loved all the architecture inside Disneyland. The entire first day in the park that's all I looked at. Their attention to detail is what makes it so enchanting. We bought two "souveniers," a CD with classic disney music and then Mr. Potato Head accessories for all the favorite Disney characters. We can make Mr. Potato Head into Tinker Bell, Buzz Light Year, Mickey Mouse, Minney Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, etc. It's so cute. Right now Jeremiah doesn't really get it, he just like the different shapes and colors, but in a few months he'll think they are great.

Jeremiah has reached a couple milestones this past month. He's starting to talk now, He says Dog, Ma (Mom), Da (Dad), Bye, Hi, Uh oh, No (unfortunately), and he has proto words for outside and upstairs. He's understanding so much of what we tell him now too, we can tell him to go get his hat, and he knows exactly what we're talking about. When we suggest that he get in his highchair for lunch he runs right over to it and tries to pull himself up on the tray. We're also teaching him the idea of soft touches, which work sometimes and other times he doesn't really care. Also, he's just now starting to get more of his fine motor skills down. He plays with his blocks and can actually stack them correctly, he also takes the rings on and off the ring stacker, and has successfully learned how to use a shape sorter, which is amazing to me. But he can only do it with the one toy that only has three shapes, we have the old tupperware shape sorter ball that has different shapes all over it, and he hasn't quite figured that one out yet, but he still tries to fit the square into the round hole.

Halloween was a blast. I was so busy making our costumes. They turned out really well. I'm most proud of Jermiah's costume because it was the most difficult, but I'm learning and I'm getting better with practice, of course. I think, however, I would be more successful if I bought patterns. On the Saturday before Halloween we went to Linder Farms pumpkin patch. We took a hayride, picked out two carving pumpkins and one baking pumpkin, had hot chocolate and homemade mini-doughnuts and took Jeremiah through the haystack maze. He didn't even make any wrong turns, but that was because he just followed all the big kids around, I think he thought it was a game of chase and he was it. On Monday for FHE we carved our pumpkins. Greg was in charge of making us a Tinkerbell to complete our costume theme, he did a great job, of course, I couldn't out-shine him, so I decided to do something less fancy (Actually, I like my Trick or Treat pumpkin). Tuesday I threw the halloween party for the playgroup in our ward. It was fun to see all the little toddlers in their costumes. We colored halloween pictures and had pumpkin pie. On Wednesday we went to our wards Trunk-Or-Treat and handed out all our candy and showed off our cute captain hook. Afterwards a few friends of ours came back to our house and we had a great "party" watching the Nightmare Before Christmas and eating pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, apples and caramel, Apple Cider and pizza of course. It was a lot of fun. I actually made pie and bread out of fresh pumpkin for the first time. People say it tastes SO much better than canned pumpkin. After tasting both, and knowing the work that it takes, I think I'll stick with the can, but it was fun to learn how to turn a pumpkin into a yummy treat.

Wow! It has been a long month! Now the Holidays begin and I'm so excited for them. I've been so ambitious lately, and I hope it will keep going. We are working on a family home evening chart for our family, so that is a fun project, and I'm just so excited for holiday baking and decorating. Yay!

No comments: