Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More of Gregs Handy Work

I promised Greg that his closet work would get a post of its own. And sadly, it never did. It almost ddin't get any pictures!!!! But Greg made sure his iphone picked some up before they were done.

This is the girls closet. You can't tell, but there is this angle from the stairs beneath that makes the space at the bottom of the closet unusable. So, a little MDF and some paint and we have two shelves so that we could use all that space... you know... for about 6 months.

 Yes, they are beautifully staged photos, don't you think? Anyway, this was our solution for our long hanging clothes, of which we do not have a lot. There was eventually a bar underneath the shelf obviously, and yes, the caulk gun was still there.
 This is the long wall at the back, equal hanging space on either side of the shelving unit in the center. everything was built from scratch, no pre-made closet stuff. all the shelving was routered together. We were lucky enough to borrow Greg's uncles nail gun. Needless to say that is now on Gregs wish list.
 And the corner of "what do we do with this? Space. We added full height shelves and enough room to hang everything clear to the wall in the corner and still get to it.
I realize that these types of posts aren't very exciting, I'm not good at describing things in an exciting way. But there it is. My Christmas present from last year. Very, very sadly, I was only able to enjoy it for 6 months, but I loved every minute of it.

This was the hardest thing about the house to leave behind.... and the RO filter. :) we do love clean water.

No comments: