Monday, November 08, 2010

Sometimes we do things we don't want to do

(Leah, asleep in her birthday suit)
Potty Training, its the one thing I wish someone else would do for my children and would relieve me of my responsibility. I hate it, and just wish it would be done and over with. I would probably consider paying someone else to potty train my children. (any takers?)
Since birth Leah has had nudest tendencies. For a while I couldn't put her to bed in footie-jammies because she would unzip them, take them off, and then pull off her diaper. I thought this was a phase, but it turns out there was just a delay in her learning how to take off regular pj's and clothes. She started up again, and since she is no longer in a crib, she proceeded to remove her clothes, and her diaper, then fall asleep either before or after peeing all over the carpet. AWESOME.
If I have to clean up pee, I'd better be getting a potty trained child out of it.
PS: Is it weird to read posts about me potty training my children and such? It might be. I just realized that it might be the kind of thing that only I think is significant.... hmmm.... Anyway, we're a week in and had a delay because of vacation, but she's been doing well, with the exception of #2.... we're having issues not wanting to do that in the toilet. :(

3 comments:

Melonie said...

Oh boy, what a funny little girl. Doesn't she realize these pictures are going to be great blackmail as a teenager? ;) When Isaac was constantly undressing himself in bed I started putting him in the footsie zip up pjs backwards and safety pinning the top (just in case). That sure kept him in! :D

Myrna Curzon said...

Boy, you should be really glad that there was no such thing as blogs and facebook when you were a child. There might be similar unflattering photos of you posted for all the world to see. :)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I am glad others post about potty training. It gives me a chance to learn about it. I will be potty training Cade in the coming months and I am dreading it!!! :(