Monday, November 08, 2010

Follow the Trail

(Jeremiah posing with Colette)
This morning was crazy. I was recovering from a trip this weekend, meaning cleaning everything, unpacking, doing laundry, etc. The kids were playing well together, although being super sneaky and got into our candy bowl from Halloween (is it too early to throw the rest out?)
Of course Jeremiah, being the higein concious child that he is, insisted on brushing his teeth afterward. A little while later I started upstairs to see what they were up to. I found one handprint after another going up the stairs and into the bathroom. What were these clearly intentional handprints made of? bright blue Colegate toothpaste.
I found Jeremiah washing his hands in the bathroom, a small dab of toothpaste still on his toothbrush sitting next to the sink. Clearly he had become distracted with a brilliant plan. He turned and looked at me
"Mom, did you follow my trail?"
Yes, yes I did.

1 comment:

Myrna Curzon said...

It was a brilliant plan! I got a great laugh from this. Thank you!