Wednesday, June 23, 2010

In case you were wondering

In case you were wondering, this is why I haven't posted recently:
Colette Della Hirschi
Born June 4, 2010 at 7:08pm (or thereabouts)
6 lbs, 3 oz.
19 in. long
Yeah, she's pretty much a doll. This is how it happened (well, you know how it happened, but here are some pictures of when she was born).
This is a photo taken about a week before she was born. We moved on Monday, Memorial Day, and she was born on Friday, a few hours after we did our final walk through and check out of our lovely Midvale apartment (Goodbye 3rd floor living FOREVER).
And yup, a "3rd time around" picture. Does the first one look like what I'd really like to do is flip him the bird? It's because I said, through a gritted-teeth-smile, JUST before this photo was taken "Push the button because another contraction is about to begin".
Ok, the contraction was over, now take another picture and then put the camera down. I'm done.
BAM- then I had a baby. I'll write more about it later, I don't want to bore (or gross out) the people who don't really care. But lets just say it was wonderful, she was beautiful, and healthy and so mellow, after she was placed on my chest she didn't cry, she just layed there, snuggling. It was bliss.
Happy Family (minus Leah and Jeremiah)
Bath Time
Fluffy and Clean
When Jeremiah and Leah came to visit saturday morning all Leah could say was "BABY!" and all Jeremiah cared about doing was watching saturday morning cartoons. He used holding the baby as a great excuse to get a prime tv-watching-spot on the bed next to me.
I know I looked better right after giving birth, but I didn't do my hair after I showered, so it dried all half-wavy and goofy looking. Our whole Happy Family, It has been SO much fun. Seriously.

3 comments:

Myrna Curzon said...

I can't believe how young both you and Greg look in these pictures! You should really do a comparison of the three births where it shows both you and Greg.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Congrats! Colette is beautiful! I love the pictures of your little family. You look great too! I was laughing at the one of Jeremiah watching cartoons. Cade would have done the same thing. Ha ha!

jayna said...

Congratulations- she's adorable, like all your kiddos, and I love the name!