Monday, April 05, 2010

Fun with my silly children

Leah's hair has become a bit unruley (I definately don't know how to spell that word). I decided I'd try my hand at DOING her hair, something I've never done, beyond sticking a clip in the front. It was adorable, but, of course, only lasted for a minute or so before she wanted whatever it was in her hair OUT. I've tried a few times since then, still... she averages about 30 seconds before she pulls those pig tails right out.
Her favorite spot for hanging out is the potato head basket. She dumps out the toys, collects all of her stuffed animals and blankets, and piles everything in. I'm surprised she can fit, but she just hangs out, snug as a bug.
And, of course, dress-up has begun. Leah found some bright blue flip flops with secquins (size 7, she wears a 3), and puts them on and walks around the house. She flaunts her feet at anyone who will pay attention.
And the hats, of course. Greg has a few from dance costumes, and his cowboy hat, which he used to wear almost everywhere he went, he hasn't donned it in a few years, I'm surprised. But the kids love them.
This was play-time one afternoon. Leah was trying to get her blankets and things out of her bed, Jeremiah climbed up and was a good big brother and helped her.
Everything, clothes from the dresser drawers, blankets, pillows, toys, stuffed animals. It was heavenly chaos for these two.
Bubble baths have become a new favorite in our house. Forgive the mac n' cheese all over leah's face. Jeremiah was scooping up bubbles and decorating Leah with them. They both thought it was pretty funny.
About a week ago we got to go ice skating with 1800-contacts. Greg held Leah for a few turns around the rink, and Jeremiah really had a great time with his little walker and helmet. At least I wasn't ever affraid of him getting really hurt. I just watched, for obvious reasons, and I couldn't stop laughing at Jerem's wobbly little noodle-legs and watching Jeremiah and Hannah try and help each other up when they fell down. In the end, it was so sad to leave. I think we might go again sometime.
Sorry this post is boring, just trying to play photo catch up.
As for family updates, there aren't any. Still here, still the same. Easter was great. Instead of easter candy, our family woke up to a new family game, Hungry Hungry Hippos, some new water-color paints, and a great breakfast full of all sorts of fresh fruit and homemade cinnamon rolls. We spent the day thoroughly enjoying General Conference, and we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Hirschi's house for Easter dinner with the whole family. It was great fun. Hopefully we'll have better updates for you later this week. I go in for another Dr's appt tomorrow, so we'll see how things are going. My midwife will test me for FFN, which will hopefully be negative again. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Amber Smith said...

I can't believe Leah is only in size 3 shoes!! Shane is in size 6 and I bought his summer sandals in a 7 so they would last all summer long.