Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Going innactive

Yes, I am officially going innactive... as a blogger. This is what has been going on with us lately:

Greg was obliged to look for a new job.

We quickly became grateful for the prophets council to stay out of debt and to save.

Greg found a new job (wow, that was fast).... in UTAH.

We found a cheap apartment and moved to Salt Lake. (6 hours in the car alone with two children, I quickly became grateful for modern conveniences such as portable DVD players)

We realized that we should have been more grateful for the free rent we had for two years.

We got food poisoning, or the stomach flu, we're not sure which, and were sick in bed for nearly a week. Because of all of the childrens bodily functions happening at the spur of the moment we had to have our carpet re-cleaned professionally two weeks after we moved in.

Greg started studying for his level 2 CFA exam. He eats breakfast lunch and dinner at the office, works out at the gym AT THE OFFICE, and studies AT THE OFFICE. We only see him on Sundays when he sleeps all day (except for three hours of church). At least its easier than it was last year. Only 1 more test after this one!!! Hurray!

We bought our first washer & dryer AND a 2nd car for under $1000. So far, all of them work GREAT!

I have been blissfully and lazily enjoying being JUST a stay at home mom.

I have been overly ANNOYED with neighboors all around us. I did not sufficiently appreciate being so separated from our neighboors in our townhouse. The music, the yelling (and cursing), the banging of doors, the smoking on decks right next to the playground, etc.)

We have all been able to enjoy being close to the Hirschi side of the family.

I started browsing through real estate listings, but have been given strict instructions that I can't start seriously looking until after Greg finishes his exam the first week of June.

I realized that houses are EXPENSIVE here. I wish we bought a house back in.... oh, 1990, when my parents did and only had $80,000 to pay off.

I began wondering why people take pictures of their decorating and their furniture more than their actual house when they are posting photos for listings. I AM NOT BUYING YOUR BED.

I began missing Boise when it started snowing every day and we couldn't leave the apartment.

Then I began wondering where spring went, when we skipped straight to summer; wearing as little clothing as possible to stay cool.

So we are spending what little time we have together as a whole family doing fun things. We're hoping to make new friends in our ward, though it hasn't happened yet. I will post some photos of us goofing around lately. Sorry I haven't taken very many the last two months. I will get better.

5 comments:

AubreyB said...

Wow - life has been crazy for you guys! Where are you in SL? I would love to come see you, we're in Sandy right now, so not too far away!

Melonie said...

Sounds like things are crazy but good. Sure miss you up here. Leah is such a beauty! I hope you make friends soon and find some good support to get you through the next month! Hang in there! The exam will be over soon and you can enjoy your summer together! :D

Annie. said...

Welcome back to Utah! Sorry it has been such a rough go for you the last little while. Hats off to you for keeping your head on straight. :)

Janette said...

What, you moved to Utah? =) Just kidding. We are glad to have you here.

jayna said...

Glad for the update! Good luck with everything!