Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mother of the Year award

Yes well, as much as I would love to lie, I have not won any Mother-of-the-Year awards this past month. Lots of movies, macaroni n' cheese for lunch, taking toys to bed, a bath maybe every other day, a little better with teeth brushing but only because he loves it and it takes up time in the evening when I am lacking the plethora of patience that is required for 14 hours with a toddler and a newborn.


But, despite coming up short on motherhood perfect, my kids still managed to survive this past month and no worse for wear. In fact, they're looking pretty darn good. Here are some pictures from the past week:



I didn't know you could have a double chin when you only weigh 7 lbs..... evidently you can!

There is a story behind this one... We use one of the chairs from his little table as the time out chair and one evening as I was making dinner I heard "Timeout, one, two, tree.. otay" Yes, he had put his potato heads in time out, one on each chair. SO FUNNY!
Jeremiah skipped his nap this day, it was a little too exciting with this lovely buzz lightyear costume so how could he sleep? But of course as it came to about 5pm he was getting a little cranky. He wanted me to sing 5 Little Ducks over and over and over again as he sat on my lap, he was out!

5 comments:

Melonie said...

That is soo adorable! We had fun playing with him last night. He is such a cute little guy and such a sweet personality. :D

AubreyB said...

Leah looks so much like Jeremiah in the 1st pic!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Cute updates! Your babies are growing fast! I would love to come and see you one of these days. Cade has had a bit of a cold, so I better wait until he is totally better before I come see you. I still have a gift for Leah I need to get you. I want to see her too! What time/days are best for you? I want to plan around your kid's nap schedules and stuff. Let me know! :)

Janette said...

How cute! We have that same buzz costume and it is a favorite around here. I missed seeing you last weekend when Greg was here... wish you had come too =)!

Kristi Barnes said...

Fun pictures. Jeremiah has the cutest smile! How funny about putting his toy in time out. I love the things kids do, and then I have to ask myself, do I really do that?!