Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Halloween 2015

There is a great story to go along with colette's costume. If you ask her now she'll say she was Snow White. But the backstory is so much better. When I asked the kids what they wanted to be for Halloween, Colette said she wanted to be an orphan. yes, a parentless child. So I tried to narrow it down for her, and though she has never even seen the snow white movie, she settled on "Snow White, but not Snow White in her pretty dress, Snow White in her orphan dress" So we set out to make her an orphan dress. In the end she looked more like Heidi or Gretel, but if you ask her, she was SNOW WHITE. :)


And I got decent pictures of her because she got ready for trick or treating at 9am. :) Curled hair and all.


Jeremiah was a knight. It took him a week to get his armor made our of cardboard. There is a small slit in his helmet, which he decided was difficult to see through, but would be more effective in battle. :) 
Leah wanted to be a cat again, which she was two years ago I think. Easiest costume for me to make EVER. We bought black headbands and made temporary cat ears so that we could use the headbands later. Waste not, want not.


And Anna was a Kitty Cat. So sassy. And adorable. I was a cat too, but I didn't end up going trick or treating with the kids. I stayed home and took care of Hazel, who, if you were wondering, did not dress up for halloween. I just don't have the energy to put into that.



THE GREAT CANDY EXCHANGE. Wall Street's got nothing on this. ;) 



Anna of course shared with Daddy. She shared with everyone. It was adorable.


In the end we read a great story about the Sugar Sprite who is a fast flying fairy who needs sugar to survive the winter. The kids each kept a small zip lock baggie of their favorite candy and the rest was given as a gift to the Sugar Sprite, with a little note. We left it on our porch for her, and in the morning, we found that she had written us a little note and left us a little surprise, some water colors! It was fun, and a great way to limit the amount of sugar overload that happens. 

No comments: