Leah is the funnest person to have "pillow talk" with (its when I lay and talk to each of the kids about whatever they want before they go to sleep)
Tonight our conversation was about camping, her normal topic. She always wants to talk about when we can go camping again and what we would do on the camp out, what we should bring, etc.
Tonight was a little different though. She said... "I still want to talk about going on a camp out, but this camp out wouldn't be a normal camp out. I think we should like build stuff out of wood that we collect, like build a house, and be like, like the first people ever on the earth!"
We continued talking about what it would be like, and what we would need to learn, and to do. Then she said "But what would we do if we needed like an oil change?"... not something relevant to her like "what if we needed to go to the library, or the park, or the museum, or even the grocery store... her biggest concern about this imaginary situation would be the potential need for an oil change.
Bahahaha!
I assured her that we would build our little house on the prairie house close enough to town that we could drive into down for an oil change if we needed it. :)
PS. In this plan of hers we wouldn't sleep on mattresses, or in sleeping bags, we would go out and forage for the leaves that we felt like were the softest and make our beds out of those. Use everything from nature instead of buying stuff, she said. ...Um... she had almost sold me on the whole house in the woods life... until she went there... I would need a mattress. For sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment