Sunday, October 26, 2014

Halloween 2014

I'm not even going to both catching up, because if I wait to do that them you'll never get any pictures! So here are some quick pictures I took of the kids before we left for the trunk or treat at church.


Anna was supposed to be a ranger from Rangers Apprentice (a book series we've been reading for the past few months). But she didn't like wearing the cloak, so we dug up leahs' old costume from when she was 2 and it fit Anna perfectly. 



Colette didn't want anything to do with Rangers Apprentice. So she was a ballerina. She wore Leah's old ballerina jacket (pink satin and white furry fabric inside) to keep her warm. 



Leah designed her costume this year. She is Evenlyn from the book series The Rangers Apprentice. She was VERY particular. (mom, does this remind you of anyone?) She drew the picture and colored it in with marker. When we went to the fabric store she compared the color of the fabric to the color of her drawing, she was VERY particular on color too. She cracks me up. THEN I started making it. "NO, the front is supposed strait across and then the sleeves are supposed to be really poofy. Then I finished it up put 8 yards of tulle under the skirt and she said "Mom, it's not poofy enough!" HA! Another 8 yards and she was satisfied.

Jeremiah is Will from Rangers Apprentice. I made the cloak, tunic, pants, and we spray painted his rain boots brown. Then he carried his bow (I didn't allow him to carry the arrows with him). He's having a great time practicing his archery. When I first made his cloak he tried it on, wrapped it around his body and stood stock still. "can you still see me?" If you've read the books you'll know why that's so funny. He quite enjoyed his costume and even slept in his tunic and pants that night.





Obviously they weren't paying any attention to me taking the photo. 


Happy Halloween!

No comments: