Monday, May 06, 2013

Slit My Throat

Since most everyone who reads this blog (and I mean the 5 people who read it) I've already shared this with, I'll keep it short and to the point.

Back in March I was in for my annual dr's appointment and my midwife felt a lump on my neck. Yup, awesome. She recommended that I get it checked out with my primary care Dr (which of course I didn't have at the time... I do now :)) After weeks, and now months of blood work, ultrasounds, two biopsies we still only know that I might have thyroid cancer. sweet.

So I am scheduled for surgery in July and my lovely dr is going to slit my throat and remove my thyroid. We should have more definative answers after that. I'm not sure what the entire course of treatment will be after surgery, it depends on what they find. Luckily, thyroid cancer is fairly slow-growing, so waiting until July isn't as horrid as it sounds.
But the good news is that I won't have a lump on my neck anymore! I know no one else can tell, but I can see it. I have even looked through past photos and I {think} that I've had it for a while.
 
Anyway, Your prayers are GREATLY appreciated. We've already felt the blessings coming our way from the prayers that have been offered on our behalf. We love you all and I promise I'll post pictures of my beautiful children soon!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Oh my gosh! That is so crazy! Prayers definitely heading your way.

jayna said...

That is no good friend! Sorry to hear it! Best wishes going forward....

Abby Wright said...

wow Heather! Prayers for yall for sure!

Melonie said...

I hope you get answers soon and recovery is quick!