Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Craigslist Awesomeness

I like pretty things, it's true, and I have ideas in my head about what I would love my house to look like, and function like. But I don't have a large budget for all my ideas. Enter: Craigslist.


I got these two fantastic chairs and this matching ottoman (yes, it has different upholstery) for $150. The lines on these are EXACTLY like this one at Ballard Designs (for $1,400 a piece), but they've been custom upholstered in previous years. I'm not sure if they are the exact same ones, but they have down wrapped cushions, and beautiful wood colors and curves. I'm so excited! They will eventually be re-upholstered in a very family-friendly and more relaxed fabric, but for now I'm just enjoying the ideas rolling around in my head.

So excited! Can't wait to see them looking more at home in my house.... yeah, I still need a few more pieces of furniture, but Greg said I need to hold off for a few months before I go crazy again... yes, he thinks $150 for these is CRAZY.

No comments: