Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello from CO

No pictures yet, sorry. I'm still trying to pull our lives together enough for that to be the first thing I think of.

SO, we moved to Fort Collins, Colorado a week and a half ago. We miss Utah, well, no we don't, but we miss our friends in utah, so that's is almost the same thing. The adjustment hasn't been too bad, I suppose. We've kept busy. I started homeschooling Jeremiah and Leah because CO schools are better than UT schools, so I don't want J to be as far behind, and the cutoff here is Sept 15 instead of Sept 1, so Miss Leah (born Sept 12) will go to Kindergarten next year, and we need to do two years of preschool in one.

Homeschooling has been great, it's low-key and flexible, plus we don't actually do that much. about an hour and a half everyday, and it gives us something to do.

Other activities lately:

Daily swimming at the pool. yes, one mom, three kids, it works.
Finding new parks
Yay for a Library card again!!!
Picnics
Errands, so many errands.

It's J's birthday tomorrow, so it's the fossil park, movies, macaroni for dinner, and our only friends over for cake and ice cream. J's excited, but he's been telling people he's 6 for a month now.

Oh, and we sold our house. It's done, so we're happy that now we only have one looming mortgage payment ahead. :)

That's the update from here. I'll try to get pictures soon. They may be of a messy apt, because keeping it clean with so much crammed in it seems like a monumentous feat right now. :) Such is life.

3 comments:

Lalis said...

Glad to know you guys are getting settled! I can totally see you teaching the kids at home :)

Becca Curzon said...

How long have you been there? I'm so glad your house sold so fast, what a blessing! You sound really cheerful for just going through a move into a smaller place with 3 little ones. You inspire me. Good luck in your new place.

Heather said...

We moved June 15th, and the only reason my tiny apartment doesn't bum me out is because I know it's temporary. November couldn't come fast enough! Plus we've been so blessed. Our cup runneth 'ore. truly.