Leah turned 3... technically out of the terrible twos, but boy can she make some mischief. This girl of mine has so much energy inside her, so much life. She smiles all the time, has the most infectious laugh, and talks like she's trying to be so grown up (no comments on where she got that from MOM), She is now potty trained, and though I spent a horrible three months cleaning #2 out of her panties, she has finally decided that the positive attention from choosing the toilet is better than the negative attention from choosing her panties. She constantly reminds us that she doesn't have underwear, or underpants, she only has panties. She can be very particular about her wardrobe, although wouldn't mind at all running around naked all day (again, no comments Mom), She finally says her SP sound (for the longest time she ate cereal with a foon, fit in the sink after the brushed her teeth, and put frinkles on her cupcakes). She is generally speaking a very energetic, and positive girl. We love her ever so much.
She spoke all the time of a tea party she was going to have. She would talk about it to her imaginary friends on the pretend phones when she played. She would tell me, in detail, what was going to happen at this tea party of hers. So I decided to give in, and host a girly tea party. (as girly as I get). We invited only 2 friends, 1 of which couldn't come last minute, but it was so easy, and quiet. I loved it's simplicity. Her friend Janessa came dressed in her best tea party attire. Greg served tea constantly (do you know how fast they can gulp down 2oz. of apple juice?) They ate Millano cookies, Shortbread cookies, and tea sandwhiches (white bread AND the crust cut off ) After tea she opened her gifts, a Zhu Zhu pet, and a doll house with two little animal families and furniture. Does anyone remember Calico Critters? They still make them! And luckily for ebay, I was able to get everything without selling one of our cars. :) The kids played, Greg and I relaxed, and Leah thought it was the bomb. I would highly recommend 2 guest birthday parties. They're so nice.
Happy Birthday Miss Leah!
1 comment:
Hooray for girls and tea parties, and girly gifts and documenting it in pictures so she can remember. :)
Post a Comment