Monday, January 03, 2011

2011 Goals

Our family doesn't make resolutions. To me a resolution sounds like something you will change and do forever, without mistake. And our family is full of mistakes. So, we make three goals, not too few, not too many. I'll spare you the nitty gritty details of our goals, but we learned from our brilliant personal finance teacher, Bryan Sudweeks, that goals need to be specific, and measurable. Anyway, our family goals for 2011 are to:
  • Get out of Debt - pay off student loans
  • Save - put extra money in savings, beyond our regular savings
  • Be Prepared - put together 72 hr kits, food and water storage, and an emergency plan.

I'm working on laying out plans to accomplish these goals. I am so excited to finally be working more seriously on the things we've been told to do for decades! We also have set up a reward for when we accomplish our goals for the year. HURRAY!! I love prizes! So, if you have worked on any of these goals and have some advice for us, please comment! We'd love to hear from more accomplished provident livers. :) Wish us luck!

No comments: