Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Surgery and Family recovery

Greg had ACL reconstruction on the 25th of May. It was an outpatient procedure which means that Jeremiah and I got to take care of him as he was recovering. What fun! He was a good little patient. We moved everything upstairs and I was constantly running up and down the stairs from the kitchen to the bedroom making breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as taking care of Jeremiah. Mom and Dad Hirschi sent Greg a get well soon cookie bouquet. It was way too much sugar for Greg alone to consume, so I helped.
Jeremiah helped daddy recover from sugery by playing nintendo with him. He is hooked already to the thing that I so despise... oh well, you pick your battles right?
When Jeremiah wasn't playing Nintendo with dad, he was on his own exploring the living room. He only got into mischief a few times.Greg is doing much better now. He is off crutches, off pain medication and back to work. He has physical therapy twice a week and improves each time he goes. The doctor says that it will take him about 8-9 months to get back to full activity, but he's on his way to playing basketball again.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Heather,

It's so good to hear from you! Jeremiah is darling--such a cute little boy.

Jamie said...

Heather, so good to hear from you! Jeremiah is absolutely darling--such a cute little kid.